Welcome to our Website
The Alliance of Filipino Catholic Charismatic Prayer Communities (AFCCPC) is an umbrella and networking organization of Catholic prayer groups or communities, with Filipino membership, in the USA and Canada. We are an ethnic constituency of and participate with the National Service Committee of the Charismatic Renewal of the United States and share in its mission of stirring into flame the grace of Pentecost and strengthening the Catholic Charismatic Renewal with particular focus and emphasis on the needs of Filipinos.
Our vision is to be an alliance of Filipino Catholic charismatic prayer communities in North America, networked for evangelization, growth in life in the Spirit, fellowship, mutual support, sharing of Christian witness and resources; organized and unified to promote unity and to represent and be the voice of the Filipino Catholic Charismatic ethnic stream in North America; and shepherded by the clergy functioning as spiritual advisers.
- To unite all Filipino Catholic Charismatic prayer groups and communities without intruding into their internal structure and organization.
- To foster, among members, lives lived under the grace of the baptism of the Holy Spirit, encouraging the use of spiritual gifts to build each other and the church, receiving the same empowerment experienced by the early Christians to spread the good news about Jesus.
- To foster the realization of the fruit(s) of the Holy Spirit among its members and elevate their being to a state of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
- To continually fan the flame of the Charismatic Renewal by promoting national, regional, and local conferences.
- To foster networking among prayer communities via printed publications and innovative alternative media via the Internet.
- To encourage book, pamphlet, tract, CD, and DVD publications among those with the gift of teaching and evangelization.
- To encourage prayer group visibility in their local parishes by active participation of members through stewardship in the life of the parish.
- To open opportunities for service at a national level.
- To be loyal to the magisterium, the teaching authority of the Roman Catholic Church
Our Geographic Scope
The Alliance encompasses 13 regions in the USA and Canada: East Atlantic, Mid Atlantic, Southeastern, North Central, South Central, Rocky Mountain, Pacific Northwest, North Pacific, Mid Pacific, South Pacific, Hawaii/Pacific, Eastern Canada, Western Canada.
Our National Conventions
In addition to Regional Conferences, the AFCCPC holds biennial National Conventions in odd-numbered years. A listing of more recent Conventions, where they were held, and who chaired them follows:
- 1997 (9th): Toronto, Canada (Deacon Bob Rosales, Glenn Jover, Ralph Ferrer)
- 1999 (10th): Washington, DC (Alex Yadao)
- 2001 (11th): Los Angeles, CA (Ging Mangaliman)
- 2003 (12th): East Brunswick, NJ (Purita Vazquez)
- 2005 (13th): East Rutherford, NJ (Purita Vazquez)
- 2007 (14th): Burbank, CA (Ging Mangaliman)
- 2009 (15th): Baltimore, MD (Agnes Nepomuceno)
- 2011 (16th): East Rutherford, NJ (Purita Vazquez)
- 2013 (17th): Burbank, CA (Ging Mangaliman)
- 2014 (18th): Parsipanny, NJ (Purita Vazquez)
Our newsletter, The Trumpet, is published quarterly. Address queries, letters, requests for copies, and contributions to: P.O. Box 151284, Cape Coral, FL 33915. You may also send material by e-mail, preferably as Word attachments, to the editor, Ramon Mescallado, at this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Beginning with the September 2010 issue, The Trumpet is published in magazine format and is thematic and evangelistic in content. The current (2011) theme is on "Stewardship" and, simply put, the concept of stewardship is to go in peace to love and serve the Lord and encompasses the following four elements: (1) go; (2) peace; (3) love; (4) serve.
Our Elected Officers
National Coordinator: Bob Canton
National Treasurer: Delia Tabasa
Auditor: Pablo Malana
Board of Directors:
Ed Bilbao (appointed on 7-30-15)
Dr. Ray Caparros